Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable to connect to internet after reset to factory settings dgnd3700v2

shores850
Aspirant

unable to connect to internet after reset to factory settings dgnd3700v2

I reset my DGND3700v2 to factory settings and now all lights are green except the DSLinternet light, which never comes on.  It is not my ISP, because I can connect with my old one.  I am running windows10.  I will need step by step instructions.  I am not computer wise.

Model: DGND3700v2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: unable to connect to internet after reset to factory settings dgnd3700v2

After a factory reset you will have to setup your router from scratch or you can restore your settings if you had backed them up to a PC before reseting the router. Here's a link to the manual for your device and setup instructions start on page 22

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGND3700V2/DGND3700v2_UM_05June2014.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
w3wilkes
Prodigy

After a factory reset you will have to setup your router from scratch or you can restore your settings if you had backed them up to a PC before reseting the router. Here's a link to the manual for your device and setup instructions start on page 22

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGND3700V2/DGND3700v2_UM_05June2014.pdf

Message 2 of 6
shores850
Aspirant

Thanks! I had tried this several times and would not connect.  I was using edge.  I tried Chrome and it worked 

Message 3 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I've also had problems both Internet Explorer and Edge (wonder it the common thread here is browsers from MS). Chrome works fine. I guess Netgear doesn't think MS has enough market share to test and make sure MS browsers work to configure and change/save Netgear modem/routers.

Message 4 of 6

@w3wilkes wrote:

I guess Netgear doesn't think MS has enough market share to test and make sure MS browsers work to configure and change/save Netgear modem/routers.

Netgear neither knows nor cares about the browser you use to connect to devices. So your best bet is probably to look at the browser itself, the address you are using to connect to the router, and what error messages the browsers throw up when you try to connect.

Edge works here, albeit strangely. Internet Explorer behaves just like Firefox.

Message 5 of 6

@michaelkenward wrote:

Edge works here, albeit strangely.

Just checked again, Edge now works as it should.

But it may have something to do with firmware.

I was seeing a slightly wonky display in Firefox on my R7800. But when I switched to an R7000P yesterday, the display suddenly went normal.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7