Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

virgin home hub 3 with D7000

vatrix
Aspirant

virgin home hub 3 with D7000

Hi all, i am having issues where i cant connect my D7000 to the internet. The problem being that i can not access the routerlogin.net page. my internet is working fine. i have tried other devices and everything connects right away. With the D7000 notthing happens. 

what i am trying to do is connect the d7000 to my virgin home hub 3 as the wifi on this is terrbile. 

i have followed all the instructions exactly but when it comes to setting up the d7000 in the webpage router login i just get cannot connected to the internet and i have a red light on the internet conectivity button on the device. 

if i do the same thing with the d6000 i am able to conennect to the router login page but this device does not belong to me so its not an option to use this. 

i also tried connecting the d7000 directly to the internet as a moden/router but the same issue. cant connect to the routerlogin page. 

i have tried everything i can think of and am really desperate for some help . thanks 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
vatrix
Aspirant

Re: virgin home hub 3 with D7000

i would like to add aswell that i have seen some posts on updating the firmware but i dont understand how i can do this when i cant connect to routerlogin.net in the first place. ? 

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Is the home hub in router mode? or passthrough/modem only mode? 

otherwise you'd be in a double nat. 

You can put the D7000 in access point mode. Simply factory reset it so you can get back into it, and then prior to hooking it up to the home hub, put it in access point mode. 

Message 3 of 5
vatrix
Aspirant

thank you for the reply. and yes i have the home hub in modem only mode, as for the d7000 i have reset it a few times with no change to being able to access anything.

when you say "prior to hooking it up to the home hub, put it in access point mode" - how do i do that ?? if i hook the d7000 up to the pc with no form of internet connection the webpage for routerlogin just tells me there is no internet access, if i try the same thing hooked up to the homehub it trys to load then does nothing. this is the point im stuck at. sorry for my lack of understanding

@plemans wrote:

Is the home hub in router mode? or passthrough/modem only mode? 

otherwise you'd be in a double nat. 

You can put the D7000 in access point mode. Simply factory reset it so you can get back into it, and then prior to hooking it up to the home hub, put it in access point mode. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

What error do you get when trying to access the D7000?

have you tried a different pc or browser? 

You can set it up without internet connection. You might have to skip that step or manually input it. 

the manual can help with that. 

find it here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/D7000.aspx

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7