Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi not working dgn2200v4

sevi1331
Aspirant

wifi not working dgn2200v4

Please help! Not sure if this is the right place to ask! I have a netgear dgn2200v4 model and the wifi is not working.  I've had on and off problems for quite a while but since this morning I can only connect through ethernet.  Yesterday I downloaded the bug fix DGN2200v4-V1.0.0.76_1.0.76.chk as per netgear website and the problem seemed solved.  This morning the netgear wifi is not appearing on either the pc and smartphone wifi search.  Can someone tell me if I need to check/do something else? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: wifi not working dgn2200v4

Hello sevi1331

If you have checked the wireless settings to make sure the wifi is on and broadcasting the wifi. Also check the button on front of the router make sure the wifi button is on. If it is still not working then I would suggest doing the factory reset of the router by holding the reset button for 10 seconds. You then will have to set up the modem again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
sevi1331
Aspirant

HI Darren

Thanx for your reply. I have done all that, reset included, but to no avail. Is their any way to check if it's the wifi 'something' in the router which is not working? Neither my phone, nor my pc or my son's is picking up a wifi signal from my router although it does pick up my neighbours' signals.  The wifi light on the front panel is green and I have also tried switching on and off the wifi button. Ethernet cable works fine, but the position of the router makes it difficult to use. Thanks for any help.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello sevi1331

If you have checked all of that then there could be a issue with the wifi radio in the device.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
sevi1331
Aspirant

AND??? What solution do you suggest? Thinking of buying a new router at this point and not sure whether I'll go for Netgear again as the support is somewhat slack.  Thanks anyway.

Ives

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7