Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi settings d6000: browser interface problems

werter
Aspirant

wifi settings d6000: browser interface problems

Hi, this is my first time in this community.

I have the following problem: today I have tried to modify some wifi configuration parameters through the web management interface of my  D6000, but it shows me only the 2,4 g part of configuration, it no longer shows me the 5 G one.

Furthermore, if I try to set some parameter for the 2,4 G and then I clic "Apply" it doesn' store the settings.

The strange thing is that going in "Advanced", "Administration", "Router status" the interface shows 300 mbps for the 2,4 G, while in the configuration page it shows 54 mbps and doesn't allow me to change it to 300 mbps.

Could this indicate something broken in the router microcode or what could be the cause? Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance. Regards

Werter Boninsegni

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: wifi settings d6000: browser interface problems

@w3wilkes wrote:

I don't think Netgear tests with very many browsers and believe that Netgear does most of their work using Chrome.

It is not Netgear alone that does the testing. It also sends new models to a group of beta testers. Netgear picks people to get a mix of browsers and other factors. I can assure you that the tests I have participated in covered all common browsers, and probably a few rare ones. And being on the nerdy side, some of these testers go out of their way to put these browsers through their paces.

It is, though, good advice to try a different browser. But it isn't clear to me what werter is seeing.

It might help to check the firmware of this D6000 and to see if there has been an update.

It is also worth trying a complete reset of the modem and reconfiguring it from scratch.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
w3wilkes
Prodigy

What browser are you using? I've seen issues with some browsers and Netgear routers. With my DGND3700v1 it works best with Chrome. I don't think Netgear tests with very many browsers and believe that Netgear does most of their work using Chrome. I've seen many problems when attempting to use Internet explorer even though this is probably one of the most widely used browser in the world.

Message 2 of 4

@w3wilkes wrote:

I don't think Netgear tests with very many browsers and believe that Netgear does most of their work using Chrome.

It is not Netgear alone that does the testing. It also sends new models to a group of beta testers. Netgear picks people to get a mix of browsers and other factors. I can assure you that the tests I have participated in covered all common browsers, and probably a few rare ones. And being on the nerdy side, some of these testers go out of their way to put these browsers through their paces.

It is, though, good advice to try a different browser. But it isn't clear to me what werter is seeing.

It might help to check the firmware of this D6000 and to see if there has been an update.

It is also worth trying a complete reset of the modem and reconfiguring it from scratch.

Message 3 of 4
werter
Aspirant

Rif.: wifi settings d6000: browser interface problems

Hi all and thanks for your answers, finally I have solved the problem.

At first I tried to turn off/turn on the D6000 several times and nothing changed in both of my two PC's. I also restarted both PC's, but no results.

It looked like something had got corrupted in the D6000 firmware, so I decided to perform a factory reset and this was successful because evidently the firmware was reloaded (from an eprom I suppose): when the router restarted I could see again the whole wifi settings interface (prior to this I couldn't see the "5 GHz" section and in the "2,4 GHz" the "mbps" cascade menù showed uniquely "54 mbps").

So I have been able to set again the 300 mbps wifi rate for the 2,4 GHz and I have regained the full control of the device.

Since I have continued using Firefox and everithing is ok, this further persuades me that the firmare had got corrupted for an unknown reason (... I hope this doesn't happen again...).

Best regards. Werter

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7