Antworten

RN 516 - Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk 1,2,3,4,5,6 after upgrading to 6.9.1

schuetze
Follower

RN 516 - Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk 1,2,3,4,5,6 after upgrading to 6.9.1

Today I have replaced one disk in my device (#6) after recurring messages of rising count of errors. After hours the resync was finished the device tells me failure of #5. I have rebooted the device and decided to upgrade firmware. I have upgraded to latest firmware 6.9.1. There was one raid 5 as a set of 6x4tb disks as with a a volume called 'data'. After reboot the volume page shows all of the six disks as a additional raid5 named data-0. The message appears “Remove inactive volumes to use the disk #1,2,3,4,5,6”. There is no error on the log tab, or the hardware display. No change of the situation after a reboot. Thanks for any help in advance!

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Nachricht 1 von 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN 516 - Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk 1,2,3,4,5,6 after upgrading to 6.9.1

Hi @schuetze

Have you downloaded the full logs and checked smart_history if there were any changes on your disks? If you can provide me the logs I would check.

Also, since you have an OS6 Unit, it would be better to log a case with NETGEAR Support so they can properly check the issue and escalate your case if needed.

Welcome to the Community!

Regards

Nachricht 2 von 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN 516 - Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk 1,2,3,4,5,6 after upgrading to 6.9.1

Thanks for the logs.

What state is your backup in? Is all your data backed up?

The disk that failed first had high error counts but the disk that failed second had some errors as well.

This is a data recovery situation.

Nachricht 3 von 3
Diskussionsstatistiken
  • 2 Antworten
  • 927 Aufrufe
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 in Unterhaltung