× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

291Mpbs direct connect to modem, 91Mbps when connected through my R6400

Ambro
Initiate

291Mpbs direct connect to modem, 91Mbps when connected through my R6400

The title says it all really. I'm getting 291Mbps on Timewarner / Spectrum when directly connected to the modem but only 91Mbps when i'm going through my R6400. I've read similar threads of users having issues, just wanted to add to the group of people experiencing severe degradation in performance. I've disabled all WMM / QoS and "Port Scan and DoS Protection" to no avail. I'm on Firmware Version V1.0.1.18_1.0.15

I've tried resetting the modem to factory defaults, switching the ethernet cable (which obviously isn't the issue). Anyone else experencing this and have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Ambro
Initiate

Re: 291Mpbs direct connect to modem, 91Mbps when connected through my R6400

I figured out the issue and it was entirely on my end. I hadn't noticed that my link light was amber, indicating that I was only negotiating at 10/100. I had bad termination on one of my cable ends, (cat6). After re-terminating, I'm getting a bit over my advertised speed. Lesson learned, always check the cable.

speedtest.PNG

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Ambro
Initiate

I figured out the issue and it was entirely on my end. I hadn't noticed that my link light was amber, indicating that I was only negotiating at 10/100. I had bad termination on one of my cable ends, (cat6). After re-terminating, I'm getting a bit over my advertised speed. Lesson learned, always check the cable.

speedtest.PNG

Message 2 of 3
William10a
Master

Thats where a good network cable comes handed to havethey save hours of trouble shooting just a bad cable or end not making connection with the wires in the cable.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7