5GHZ connected devices can't find ReadyNas through WNDR3800

laurensat101
Aspirant

5GHZ connected devices can't find ReadyNas through WNDR3800

I've got a Netgear WNDR3800 router, which gives you a 2.4 and 5 GHZ wireless connection. I've also got a ReadyNAS Ultra 4 connected to this router, wired.

My TV and laptops and phones can not find the NAS when these wireless devices are connected through the 5Ghz connection, they can only find it when connected through my 2.4Ghz WiFi connection. Which is weird since the readynas is connected with a wires directly into the router.

Is there anyway to solve this in either the NAS setup or is this something within the router? Is it even possible? I've never experienced this before with other devices.

edit: it is the WNDR3800, not 3700 Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: 5GHZ connected devices can't find ReadyNas through WNDR3800

Is it possible that the 5 Ghz network is set up as a guest network?

How you are trying to "find" the NAS from the laptop?  Does entering \\nasipaddress in file explorer's address bar work?

Message 2 of 4
laurensat101
Aspirant

Hi StephenB,

Thanks for the response. The 5Ghz network is just the normal 5Ghz network enabled through Genie portal in the browser.

I use a Macbook or my Bravia TV. When I connect those through 2.4Ghz, it shows them the NAS as a connectable device and it becomes available through DLNA on my TV, on the 5Ghz not so. The same for Netgear RAIDar, the desktop app isn't able to locate the NAS when the devices are connected through 5Ghz.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried factory reset?

Do you have the latest firmware installed on the router?

Can other computers on the network see each other when connected to the 5Ghz signal?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements