5ghz and problem with the ps3

Bazzi
Aspirant

5ghz and problem with the ps3

Hello all.

1. question: atm i have 50/50 mbit fibernet. and atm i have the 2.4ghz running. but the problem is i wanna have the 5ghz band turn on but it seem like i cant seem to find it on my scan. on my laptop. and im running wireless atm. and i wanna know how to turn it on or how can i on the laptop it runinng fine on 50/50 mbit with the 2.4 ghz

2 question: atm i have the ps3 set up to the wireless with the router. and it with the 2.4 ghz of cos. BUt when im on it. when im downloading demos or trailers or something like that. im getting like 9mibt in download. and in upload about 8mbit. and why is this happing. ? and i saw the test scan on the ps3 it got channel 6 i dont know if that help.

in the setup ive put the 2.4 ghz. at 450+ and the 5ghz. i got it at 450+ also and the channel in there is at 44.

please help me i got no idea what i am doing.
Message 1 of 11
sabretooth
Apprentice

Re: 5ghz and problem with the ps3

Please verify your computer and PS3 have 5 Ghz capable WiFi cards installed.
Message 2 of 11
Bazzi
Aspirant

how do i do that.??
Message 3 of 11
sabretooth
Apprentice

Read the manuals, contact the manufacturer or search the web.
Message 4 of 11
Bazzi
Aspirant

well i got 50/50 mbit.. but i dont know if it the netgear that casuing it. cos it very slow in download and upload
Message 5 of 11
Bazzi
Aspirant

i got this laptop on Wireless: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G51J_3D/

then i got the ps3 on wireless too

anit there somehow you can fix it ?
Message 6 of 11
sabretooth
Apprentice

Integrated 802.11 b/g/n which means no 5Ghz, only 2.4 Ghz. PS3 is 2.4 Ghz too.

That's why you can not see any 5Ghz signal.
Message 7 of 11
Bazzi
Aspirant

ok why is my connetion slow on the laptop and the ps3 while runnig 2.4 ?
Message 8 of 11
sabretooth
Apprentice

Because you haven't experimented with all your settings yet to see what work for you. In the router, make sure you are using WPA2-AES wireless encryption, disable WMM and try channel 1.
Message 9 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

first none of you of your 2.4Ghz will do 450Mbps speed so you should lower it down and none will support 5Ghz either

download from certain site are controlling the amount that is be download so just because you have 50/50 doesn't mean ALL your internet connection will be at 50/50 speed. All web server, FTP server will reduce bandwidth to per user so that it can share with vast amount of user will do the same thing ....
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 10 of 11
Bazzi
Aspirant

Ok im gonna lower it if i can get in my admin site thing. I'm the only user. Who on the line. but weird thing is that my dad one when I was living there he has the wdr3700 one and the speed was faster then the 9mbit I'm getting here when im downloading on the ps3. anit there anyway you can boost the speed up? Or fix it.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E