× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5ghz has vanished on all devices apart from one (technicolor DWA0120)

ahaward1
Aspirant

5ghz has vanished on all devices apart from one (technicolor DWA0120)

My phone attaches to the 5ghz channel and also the 5ghz on the range extender but our other 3 devices can't see the 5ghz.  How do I enable full visibility of the 5ghz?  There is a pic attached of the router I have, can anyone heklp me?

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: 5ghz has vanished on all devices apart from one (technicolor DWA0120)

go to netgear.com/support/   type in your extender model number. it'll take you to the support site for your device with manual, firmware, troubleshooting. 

Do your devices see the technicolor 5ghz? if they don't see the technicolor or the netgear, they're probably not 5ghz capable. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
arnold1379
Aspirant

@ahaward1 wrote:

My phone attaches to the 5ghz channel and also the 5ghz on the range extender but our other 3 devices can't see the 5ghz.  How do I enable full visibility of the 5ghz?  There is a pic attached of the router I have, can anyone heklp me?

ya sure wait once i finish my daily work after that will loot into this

Message 2 of 11
plemans
Guru

well if those devices don't support 5ghz, they won't be able to see it or use it. 

What devices are those that can't see the 5ghz? 

Message 3 of 11
ahaward1
Aspirant

thank you, I look forward to hearing your thoughts

Message 4 of 11
plemans
Guru

@ahaward1 wrote:

thank you, I look forward to hearing your thoughts

I gave my thoughts. If your devices don't support 5ghz, they won't show. so what devices dont' show 5ghz? Models? 

Message 5 of 11
ahaward1
Aspirant

Thanks @plemans There's a moto g smartphone, HP laptop and an Amazon kindle fire.  I am guessing they support 5ghz, but i'm not sure.  It works on my sony mobile which is older than my wife's phone

Message 6 of 11
ahaward1
Aspirant

@plemans do you think those devices I listed should support 5g?

Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

@ahaward1 wrote:

Thanks @plemans There's a moto g smartphone, HP laptop and an Amazon kindle fire.  I am guessing they support 5ghz, but i'm not sure.  It works on my sony mobile which is older than my wife's phone

Its not how old something is, its what does it support. 

And you'd need actual model numbers. moto made a few g smart phones, hp laptop could have anything in it for chipset, and there's different generations/models of the fire tablet. 

Message 8 of 11
ahaward1
Aspirant

Ah ok, I will have a look at the model numbers, i'm a bit of a novice at this.  do you know how i access the netgear router admin?  I had a thought, I should check that 5g is enabled for all devices on there

Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

go to netgear.com/support/   type in your extender model number. it'll take you to the support site for your device with manual, firmware, troubleshooting. 

Do your devices see the technicolor 5ghz? if they don't see the technicolor or the netgear, they're probably not 5ghz capable. 

Message 10 of 11
ahaward1
Aspirant

thank you for your help @plemans 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7