× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6250 and Chromecast

WMetzner
Aspirant

6250 and Chromecast

Chromecast ist only working on the slow side of my router, not the 5g portion. If I read the chromecast instructions correctly, then I should put the route into "AP isolation : off". The manual refers to "isolation", but does not match up with the admin screens, ie. There is no reference to "isolation". Anybody has an idea what to do? Oh, yes, I did update the router microcode.

Thanks you 'all
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
WMetzner
Aspirant

Re: 6250 and Chromecast

Ha, I bet that is it; I have had that Chromecast for close to two years. So it must be a first generation.

Thanks "TheEther", for clarifying this.

Much appreciated!

Wolf

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

First, do you have a first or second generation Chromecast? The first generation Chromcast does not support 5 GHz.

Second, on Netgear routers, AP isolation really only applies to devices connected to the guest network. If your Chromecast is joined to your regular, non-guest Wi-Fi network, then there is no AP isolation setting. AP isolation is always disabled.

If your Chromecast is joined to the guest network, then there is a setting on the router, called Allow guests to see each other and access my local network that you will want to enable. This will allow the Chromecast to access other Wi-Fi devices joined to the network.

Message 2 of 3
WMetzner
Aspirant

Ha, I bet that is it; I have had that Chromecast for close to two years. So it must be a first generation.

Thanks "TheEther", for clarifying this.

Much appreciated!

Wolf

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7