× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC 1750 smart router connection issue

Jayfisch
Aspirant

AC 1750 smart router connection issue

All lights on the AC 1750 are on and white. All devices in home show Wi-Fi signal is there and it’s connected. But can’t use Internet from any device; Says to check Internet connectivity. I have no idea what is going on, can you help please?
Message 1 of 11
Kitsap
Master

Re: AC 1750 smart router connection issue

In order for others to help you, you will have to provide additional information.  To start. AC1750 is not a model number it is a marketing rating for capacity.  A Netgear model number will most likely start with an R.  Look on the label of the router.

Your unspecified router is connected to a modem/gateway.  Possibly supplied by your internet service provider.  You need to provide the brand name and model number of the device.  Again, look on the label on the device.

As a blind shot in the dark, power down (remove the power cord connection) on your modem/gateway.  Do the same for your router.  Let both set for a few minutes.  Connect the power cord and boot up the modem/gateway.  Give it plenty of time to boot and stabilize then power up your router.  Give it plenty of time to boot and stabilize.  Check you access to the internet..

Message 2 of 11

Re: AC 1750 smart router connection issue

@Jayfisch wrote:
All lights on the AC 1750 are on and white.

As @Kitsap says, that's not much help.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 3 of 11
Jayfisch
Aspirant

Re: R6400 smart router connection issue

Thank you for your response. Here is some better information. The unit is an R 6400 smart router. My mom has been using it for at least a couple of the years with no problem Until now. All the lights are white and the devices in the room including two iPhones, TV and Nook detect the Wi-Fi Single but none can use it. Messages say check Internet connection. I’ve tried resetting and rebooting both router and modem With no effect.
Message 4 of 11

@Jayfisch wrote:

I’ve tried resetting and rebooting both router and modem With no effect.

What was that modem?

If you mean that you have used the "reset" button on the back, you'll need so set it up from scratch. The Quick Start guide could help there.

Message 5 of 11
Jayfisch
Aspirant

The modem is a Hitron Tech. EN2251. All 3 modem lights are lit blue as well as all router lights lit white. I have tried pushing/holding the reset button on back of router for at least 30 seconds and I've unplugged both units for at least 30 seconds.

As I mentioned, all devices "see" the wifi signal but none can  use it. Seems like an odd problem to me. I hope you can help.

Thanks!

Jay

Message 6 of 11
Kitsap
Master

@Jayfisch wrote:

The modem is a Hitron Tech. EN2251. All 3 modem lights are lit blue as well as all router lights lit white. I have tried pushing/holding the reset button on back of router for at least 30 seconds and I've unplugged both units for at least 30 seconds.

As I mentioned, all devices "see" the wifi signal but none can  use it. Seems like an odd problem to me. I hope you can help.

Thanks!

Jay

For the devices in the room, see if there is an option to forget the connection and establish it fresh with the SSID and password.  As a test you might try a new and completely different SSID and establish the connection to one of your devices.

There is a chance the devices do not support or cannot handle the Wi-Fi security options (WPA, WPA2, etc.) or need "none" selected.  You may have to test and rely on trial and error.

Message 7 of 11
Jayfisch
Aspirant

thank you very much for your response. I will try what you suggested. I wonder, though, what could have changed since she has been using wifi successfully for a couple of years with the same modem, router and devices.  

Jay

Message 8 of 11

@Jayfisch wrote:

The modem is a Hitron Tech. EN2251.

Standard cable modem, no built-in router to get in the way.

Have you done a network reboot?

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 9 of 11
Kitsap
Master

@Jayfisch wrote:

thank you very much for your response. I will try what you suggested. I wonder, though, what could have changed since she has been using wifi successfully for a couple of years with the same modem, router and devices.  

Jay

Firmware updates on any or all of the devices.

Message 10 of 11
wcalifas
Prodigy

I would try to downgrade the firmware and see if that solves your issues. Are you able to log into the settings?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7