Highlighted
Follower

AC1000 wifi router slow

Hi, I know this type of thread has been posted alot, but I was reading through them and couldn't figure out what to do, so please bear with me. 

I pay for internet that should be 200 Mbps upload and 10Mbps download.  Speed test shows I'm getting 70 up and 10 down.  I spoke with my internet provider who tested the modem and stated it was outputting ~200 Mbps upload and 10 download.  I tried changing the ethernet cord connecting the two without benefit.  I then spoke with netgear support, who stated I could either have tech support fix it for $50, or I could go online and fix it myself with the manual.  I have been looking at the manual and don't know where to begin.  

Firmware version: V1.0.0.46

Please let me know what else yall need to know, thanks!

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Guru

Re: AC1000 wifi router slow

> [...] I was reading through them [...]

Thanks for the helpful links.

The non-psychics in your audience might not be able to guess what
you've been reading, or what therein you found confusing.

> [...] I then spoke with netgear support, who stated I could either
> have tech support fix it for $50, or I could go online and fix it myself
> with the manual. [...]

I'd like to see that "fix".

> [...] I have been looking at the manual and don't know where to begin.

Near the end?  Look for "Technical Specifications" and the Ethernet
port ("LAN" and "WAN") specs.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1711958

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: AC1000 wifi router slow

I think you meant to say you get 200mbps down and 10 upload. Make sure your router's password algorythym is set to WPA2-AES which will give you maximum speed on your router. When you do a wireless speed test try it on the 5ghz band when you're very close to the router. The 2.4 ghz gives you range but not maximum speed. If you still have the same results maybe time to get a more recent router which gives you what the speeds you pay for.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements