× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 R64000 running at half speed

Chanwhitt14
Aspirant

AC1750 R64000 running at half speed

I’ve had my nighthawk router for 2 years and it’s been good for me for the most part so far. I recently had technicians from spectrum come out and test my hardware because our speeds were not up to par with what we were paying for. They tested the modem and said we were running 380 download. When I’m hard wired or wireless to the router, I’m only getting 95 download. I have reset my router, power cycled it and the modem, changed wifi channels, and called the support number and still have no improvement. Anyone ever had this or found a fix to it? I lm practically wasting money if I’m not getting what I’m paying for.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 R64000 running at half speed

What is your device showing for its wan/lan port statistics? 

https://kb.netgear.com/24222/How-do-I-display-Internet-port-statistics-on-my-Nighthawk-router

It might only be connecting at 10/100mbps and not gigabit. 

Try replacing the cable between modem---router and router----device with a good quality cat 6 cable. 

Message 2 of 4

Usual boilerplate questions:

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

@Chanwhitt14 wrote:
When I’m hard wired or wireless to the router, I’m only getting 95 download.

Tested how?

Forget wireless. That tells us nothing abut the wired connection. 95 Mbps isn't that odd for some wifi clients.

Message 3 of 4
Chanwhitt14
Aspirant

I tested wired and wireless on 2.4 and 5ghz and got about the same result for both. When I ran wires directly to the modem I got 380. When I ran wired to the router it was 98.
Firmware is V1.0.4.122_10.0.95. My modem is an et2251 from spectrum. It’s a modem and only has the one internet port to link to the router.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7