AC1750 smart wifi

Liviu13
Aspirant

AC1750 smart wifi

Hi,

i just bought a new AC1750 smart wifi router.

On both, modem and router the connections are good, all necessary lights on;

my iPad and laptop show that they are connected to the internet.

Yet, when trying to use the internet I get the message that I am not connected to the server.

I called the internet provider, they can see that my router is connected, nothing wrong on their side.

I did the routine, turning off/on the modem, the router, my iPad, still nothing works.

Can you please help.

Thanks.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
antinode
Guru

Re: AC1750 smart wifi

> i just bought a new AC1750 smart wifi router.

"AC1750" is a speed, not a model number.  Look at the product label.

> Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router

Is that accurate?  Not R6400v2?

> On both, modem and router [...]

What is "modem"?

> [...] the connections are good, [...]

Evidence might be nice, but let's pretend.

> [...] all necessary lights on; [...]

Which ones are "necessary', in your opinion?  As usual, showing
actual actions (commands) with their actual results (error messages, LED
indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague descriptions or
interpretations.

> Yet, when trying to use the internet I get the message that I am not
> connected to the server.

What does "use the internet" mean to you?  Web browser?  With what
URL?  What was the actual message?  Copy+paste is your friend.

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your (actual) model number,
and look for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look for the
LED descriptions and "Troubleshoot"?

Message 2 of 5
Liviu13
Aspirant

Hi,

The model is R6400v2( written both on the box and router ) but I can’t find it when searching in the help section.

Your message is very arrogant, kind of trying to put me down for lack of vocabulary or knowledge, being a sensei you should know better.

People on this blog are from all walks of life, sarcasm is not necessary.

In the end, are you trying to help or make yourself look smart?

My area of expertise is not computers, so when I say “ trying to use the internet “, it obviously means ‘ trying to browse’, lights means LEDs, and when I say modem........well.....it can only mean modem.

What I was trying to explain is that everything looks in working order ( connections, LEDs, IPad and laptop show that they are connected), yet when I try browsing I get the message

” no internet connection “.

Now, you may be a black belt in martial arts, but in humbleness ( with your attitude) you do not elevate yourself to a white belt.

Message 3 of 5

@Liviu13 wrote:

Now, you may be a black belt in martial arts, but in humbleness ( with your attitude) you do not elevate yourself to a white belt.

OK. You got the justifiable rant out of the way, but your response really does leave a few gaps in our understanding of what is going on at your end.

You were asked a standard set of questions that get thrown at  most of the people who turn up here. You may think they are simple minded and insulting, but believe me they can often highlight issues. And accurate and detailed replies are the key.

For example, telling as that "everything looks in working order" doesn't get us very far. What "looks" good to you may actually hide a problem. The colours of those LEDs matter.

I won't embarrass you by going over the other unknowns in your message, but I will ask another question.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation and older firmware for your hardware.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 5
Liviu13
Aspirant

Thank you, I will try resetting the router.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements