× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750

Ginny4380
Aspirant

AC1750

My router was working fine but I ran into some problems trying to reconnect my arlo cameras. Finally gave up  everything that was connected to the router  went offline and said I had no internet connection. According to the pc, I had wifi and ethernet but when I tried to load a page it said I wasn't connected to the internet. Same with tablets, cell phones and tv. All the lights are on (the router) none are blinking. I have reset it several times, connected an old router with no issues. 

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 16
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: AC1750

Hi Ginny4380,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. May we know the exact model of the Netgear router that is not working? When you connect the router that is not working, do you see an orange light on the internet LED? If yes, please login to the router's configuration and go to the Advanced tab and run the setup wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIQhZnfGdE

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 16
wcalifas
Prodigy

I would try to reload the firmware again to see if it fixes it, did you try that? and then hard reset it for 30 seconds while powered on.

Message 3 of 16
Ginny4380
Aspirant

iT'S MODEL r6400V2

Message 4 of 16
Ginny4380
Aspirant

Can you tell me how to do that to make sure I do it right?

Message 5 of 16
wcalifas
Prodigy

Try manually reloading firmware to that router, have you done that before?

Message 6 of 16
wcalifas
Prodigy

go to www.netgear.com, under "support" write the model number of your router. Then select it and it will take you to a page where it will let you download firmware for it, choose one of them. You have to log into your router on "router upgrade" and choose the file that you want to upload on your router.

Message 7 of 16
wcalifas
Prodigy

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router
Click on that link it will give you the steps to reloading firmware.
Message 8 of 16
Ginny4380
Aspirant

Today I did the hard reset, I even reset my network adapters. When I go into my settings it says I have internet but when I try to open my browser it says I have no internet. I don't have it on my cell, tvs or  tablets. I lose it as soon as I turn the router on so I can't do anything from the computer. My other router works fine but I'd rather use the Netgear. Could there be something in my computer settings that needs changed?

Message 9 of 16
Ginny4380
Aspirant

Now it says it can't detect an IP address

Message 10 of 16
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ginny4380.

Thank you for your response. Do you have other devices connected to the router that is working or all devices doesn't have internet connection? Were you able to follow wcalifas suggestion? Can you still access router's user interface?

Regards,

Oliver

Message 11 of 16
Ginny4380
Aspirant

Thank you for trying to help. Yes, I did everthing wcalifas suggested. Nothing has worked so far. Nothing in my home will connect to the internet, for some reason my phone won't connect either. I know how to fix that.  No, I can't connect to the router interface. Now when I try it says it can't detect an IP address. That's something new. In case it doesn't show above, the model # is R6400v2

Message 12 of 16
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ginny4380,

Please try to do a shock reset. Please try the steps below:

- Perform 30-30-30 Reset: Press the reset button for 30 seconds. While holding, unplug the router for 30 seconds, power on, hold 30 seconds.

- After a router has been reset, log in to it with the default IP address, username, and password that it was originally configured with.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 13 of 16
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ginny4380,

We would like to do a follow-up on this one. Were you able to do shock reset?

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 14 of 16
Ginny4380
Aspirant

Thank you Oliver for the advice. No it didn't work. I did it several times and finally it gave up and would not power on. I have ordered a new Netgear router.

Message 15 of 16
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ginny4380,

Thank you for your response. We are sorry if still didn't work but if you want to work this out we will be more than happy to assist. If it is still in hardware warranty we can replace the router provided we did all hardware check.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7