× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1900 C700v2 Connection Drops

The_Roman99
Tutor

AC1900 C700v2 Connection Drops

I have had the Nighthawk AC1900 C7000v2 for awhile now and what seems like everyday now, I will lose connection and have to sit for a few minutes untill it reconnects. This has been happeneing for as long as I can remember but am getting tird of it finally. When diagnosing the problem I have found out that the "upload LED" starts to flash when connection is lost. It will flash for a minute then the internet and download LED along with the upload will all three shut completely off and a couple minutes later they will come back on and my connection will work find untill it happens again in 20-30 mins. Is it my ISP or is my router being the issues? note: I have not contacted my ISP yet and I have 1-24 download channels locked but only 1-4 upload lock while 5-8 are unlocked.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in the coax line remove them. 

Check the line for kinks, bends, poor/old/cheap/bad connectors. Also, check for loose connectors. 

Move the C7000 to right where the coax enters the home and connect there. 

Reason I say this is your log is showing line issues, power lissues. The dynamic range window violations are when power goes above/below spec. And you have many t3/4 errors. This together indicates a line issue/cmts issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Do you also have your logs? The cable connection page is just a snip in time of whats going on at that time. If the power is fluctuating and causing reboots/drops, the logs should show that. 

Message 2 of 9
The_Roman99
Tutor

I can't seem to get my logs to send via the email settings in the router but I do notice alot of DoS Attacks on the logs.

Message 3 of 9
The_Roman99
Tutor

Here a screen shot, it just happened as described in inital post. Upload flashes for a minute, then all three upload internet and download flash. then they shut off and come back on and everything works fine till it repeats. 

Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

I think its under event log. shows the modem side of it. That's the router side

Message 5 of 9
The_Roman99
Tutor

Here it is. Sorry I really don't know much about this sort of thing.

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in the coax line remove them. 

Check the line for kinks, bends, poor/old/cheap/bad connectors. Also, check for loose connectors. 

Move the C7000 to right where the coax enters the home and connect there. 

Reason I say this is your log is showing line issues, power lissues. The dynamic range window violations are when power goes above/below spec. And you have many t3/4 errors. This together indicates a line issue/cmts issue. 

Message 7 of 9
The_Roman99
Tutor

So if my cable coming out of my wall is all good, what I am hearing is my ISP needs to work on the lines in my area? I will look into my cable after work today thank you! 

Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

Yes have them check the lines. Somethings causing your power levels to flucatuate outside of the power window and its happening a lot. 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7