× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC2000 wifi signal ok but Internet keeps disconnecting

Mozaher
Follower

AC2000 wifi signal ok but Internet keeps disconnecting

So I moved to a new condo and bought a ac2000 wifi router. I set it up using the nighthawk app. However, although I am connected to the wifi signal, the internet connection keeps disconnecting every few seconds and reconnects again. So for example sometimes if I search something on google it’ll work and immediately after if I try searching something else it doesn’t. It won’t load. Or if I am streaming a game, it’ll be interrupted frequently(every few seconds) and work again. Even with messages- some messages will be sent and others won’t in the same conversation. I called my isp and everything is ok on their end. Even the speed test on the nighthawk app shows me my speed consistently. The guys over at the isp said because I live in a condo setting, it’s possible that the issue is arising due to the amount of wireless connections and suggested I try changing my channels to see which one works best. But that hasn’t helped. The problem is consistent on both bands. It’s also worth mentioning that my condo has a centralized isp. So the router is connected directly through a wall Ethernet dock. How do I fix this issue?

Edit- I’m an apple user. So I use a 2020 MacBook Pro and an iPhone
Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4
Message 1 of 2
RVALENZ
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC2000 wifi signal ok but Internet keeps disconnecting

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Hey! Sorry for the very late response. We were tied up in backtracking cases to make sure nothing is amiss. Do you still require assistance with this query?

What I can suggest is a Wi-Fi analyzer so you can check which is the less crowded channel. This is the only thing you can do. This is common to condo setups. 

Regards,
Rhys
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7