× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 extender model EX 3700 no Internet to access set up

Retired_Member
Not applicable

AC750 extender model EX 3700 no Internet to access set up

I have had extender for a year so no support.
Yesterday I had my router replaced, I was mid set up for the extender after a factory reset when I was booted for inactivity mid set up. Since then I can't access the mywifiext(dot)net page as it says 'no Internet access' . It had Internet until I got booted changing my extender parameters, I had already connected router no probs.
I have done the reboot devices and router, I have re factory reset a dozen times, I have used different devices and plugged extender in different rooms. How can I get the internet working on the Netgear(underscore)ext so I can re set up??
Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 13
plemans
Guru

Re: AC750 extender model EX 3700 no Internet to access set up

Try factory resetting the extender 1 more time. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Then to set it up, hardwire into it from a pc/laptop. Disable the pc/laptops wifi during setup so it doesn't default back to that connection. 

Then set it up using the installation assistant and not wps. 

What router is it connecting to? 

Message 2 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thx I will absolutly try that, however I can't work out what cable I would need to connect the extender to my laptop? Can you advise? 

The extender was connecting to my Hub 3 Virgin router, as I can't set it up it's currently not connected to anything.

Message 3 of 13
plemans
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Thx I will absolutly try that, however I can't work out what cable I would need to connect the extender to my laptop? Can you advise? ----An ethernet cable. The EX3700 has an ethernet port you can hardwired a pc/laptop to. tends to make install faster/easier. 

Message 4 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The extender does have an ethernet port but my laptop doesnt? Can you advise what kind of cable or adapter I would need to connect it to my laptop (post link or picture if poss, my laptop is brand new)

Message 5 of 13
plemans
Guru

You don't have to connect to it wired for setup. It just tends to make things easier/faster. It should be able to be done wireless. 

but you can get a usb---ethernet adapter. You can find a bunch of them. 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+3.0+ethernet+adapter&i=electronics&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Just make sure your new laptop has a usb 3.0 port (2.0 would work as well). Or if it has a usb-C adapter, then you'd want that type of usb adapter. 

Message 6 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks, have ordered adaptor, should be here by end of the week, will update!

Message 7 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nope, doesnt work becuase there's still no internet associated with the extender to set it up.

Message 8 of 13
plemans
Guru

Your discription leaves much to be desired. Where is it failing in the process?

How are you going about the install ?

we need details since we aren't there to see what you're doing and where its failing. 

Message 9 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

In order to set up the extender you must first connect to netgear(underscore)ext to access the set up page, however if Netgear(underscore)ext has no internet access there is zero ways to access that set up website. The only other way is to click the wps button on the router and the extender but that has never worked for me even when it was brand new.

The Netgear(underscore)ext wifi extention has always had internet access so I can sign in and enter set up page to set up with my own wifi, but not since i lost my connection mid set up due to inactivity while i was setting up and doing something else at the same time.

I can still connect to it but it has no internet access and therefotre the set up page doesn't load.

Message 10 of 13
plemans
Guru

You don't need internet access to set it up. I've done it many many times. 

Especially if you're hardwired into it that was recommended. 

did you watch the install video using the installation assistant? 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3700.aspx

Message 11 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

This video only shows you how to set up via WPS, as I said that doesn't work for me, and you DO need the netgear _ ext to have internet access or you can not access the page to set up your own wifi!

I feel that we must not be talking about the same thing as I have used this device for the last year and set it up repeatedly without this problem being there before .

I'm binning it and buying one from a company that avctually offers proper support to it's customers.

Message 12 of 13
plemans
Guru

They all come unconnected from the internet. 

that's what the setup assistant is for. 

Its the 2nd video on the instructions. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7