Aspirant

ADSL2+ Annex M

Hi all

Simple question... does the DGND3700 support Annex M on ADSL2+ ?

I've checked the product info page and I cannot find the answer.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
Apprentice

Re: ADSL2+ Annex M

On the DGN2000 there is a specific option to allow Annex M. There is not specific option that I can find in the DGND3700, but I would expect it to be able to auto-sense it.

I trust someone from Netgear Technical can answer your question to confirm things.
Message 2 of 6
Aspirant

I have contacted Tech Support about this today as I needed to find out for my adsl2+ setup.
The DGND3700 does support Annex M on ADSL2+ (according to the tech I spoke to)
Message 3 of 6
Aspirant

Ok thats good. If I ever need some more upload bandwidth, I'll have my ISP turn this on for me at the expense of some download bandwidth.
Message 4 of 6
Apprentice

Ryster wrote:
Ok thats good. If I ever need some more upload bandwidth, I'll have my ISP turn this on for me at the expense of some download bandwidth.

I trust that your ISP provides the option for Annex M. Not all of them do. Most stick exclusively to Annex A.

From personal experience, Annex M is very nice to have if your download speed is good to start with.

FTTC promises better upload speeds, but what has surprised me is that many ISPs are selling FTTC in the UK with 1.5Mb upload speed. :eek: BT Openreach recently stopped the sale of their product which allows up to 10Mb upload speeds, but will be replacing it with an 80/20 product (80d/l, 20u/l).
Message 5 of 6
Aspirant

Yeah my ISP is Andrews and Arnold (aaisp.net)... they're the most advanced ISP I know of. Fully configurable broadband. I can enable Annex M whenever I like. And then there's the full IPv6 readiness too Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements