Re: AP and guest network?

Duffy6
Aspirant

AP and guest network?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to set the wndr4000 as Access Point with guest access?

Duffy6
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

In theroy yes but at this time guest option is not working and Netgear engineers are looking into it as of last week.
Message 2 of 9
Duffy6
Aspirant

So which Firmware should i use? I heared about issues with .66!
Message 3 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I used the original .60 for about 3 months NEVER had a problem. Guest does work with ANY firmware to date. I am testing for Netgear and even this beta does not work regarding GUEST. It does fix the random rebooting of the router with .66

I have a test setup with a serial port and used hyper terminal to debug .66 Since the guest problem has come up I would expect another beta from them this week.
Message 4 of 9
Duffy6
Aspirant

Upgraded to .82 and still have issues (2.4Ghz).
Many guests complaning about having no guest access.

Is this a known problem of WNDR4000 running .82?

Duffy6
Message 5 of 9
NoRoutingSkill
Aspirant

searay wrote:
In theroy yes but at this time guest option is not working and Netgear engineers are looking into it as of last week.

My Guest network seems to work about 25% of the time. For that matter my 2.4Ghz band only works about half the time. I have completely disabled the 5Ghz band as well because with both broadcasting it kills the 2.4Ghz users and with the 5Ghz not broadcasting you can't connect to it. I am beginning to think this product should be taken off the market.
Message 6 of 9
g_wall
Aspirant

+ 1 here, have this setup as an AP and just 2.4Ghz for guest network (5Ghz and 2.4Ghz for my network) and no internet connection when connected to guest... on of the selling points for me, I can't even load dd-wrt on it.
Message 7 of 9
g_wall
Aspirant

Is there any ETA for with this will be resolved? It's been a bug for more than 6 months already and I'm sure we're not the only ones using it as an AP
Message 8 of 9
g_wall
Aspirant

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon??... surely this will be the last netgear product I'll ever purchase.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E