× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ac1750/R6400 not connecting to internet

sgtjjj
Aspirant

Ac1750/R6400 not connecting to internet

I bought a new Netgear AC1750/R6400 to replace my Netgear WNDR3700v3 and have been trying to install it all day. I am having the same problem many others seem to be having. It will not connect to the internet. I've tried all the tips I've seen in this forum and on the Genie screens, nothing works. I even did a factory reset to the router. The main problem seems to be is that the AC1750 will not accept my Charter-Spectrum modem's (a Cisco DPC3208)  IP address. I made the suggested changes to the Internet tab on routerlogin.net..."Get Dynamically from ISP" for Internet IP Address and tried using the Computer's MAC address rather than the router's. I hooked up the WNDR3700 again and it works fine. The computer is a Dell Inspiron AIO with the latest version of Windows10. Any additional advice will be appreciated before I box it it and send it back.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
sgtjjj
Aspirant

Re: Ac1750/R6400 not connecting to internet

I solved it myself. Had to do a reset of the modem via the Charter Spectrum support website (not just unplugging it). After that it worked fine.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
sgtjjj
Aspirant

Re: Ac1750/R6400 not connecting to internet

I solved it myself. Had to do a reset of the modem via the Charter Spectrum support website (not just unplugging it). After that it worked fine.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7