× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ac1750 Wi-Fi cable modem router

Beto001
Follower

Ac1750 Wi-Fi cable modem router

I’m paying for 600mbps but I’m only getting 150-250 mbps while downloading things on my Xbox and on my pc I can only get 50mbps. I talked to my internet provider and said my modem can do only 300mbps but it doesn’t explain why I only get 50mbps on my pc. I’m just confused and need answers. I am not hard wired either.
Message 1 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Ac1750 Wi-Fi cable modem router

There is no router that will give you 600mbps over wireless. Wired will give you your paid speeds. 

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can hit 600mbps over wireless. 

but it takes high quality devices you're testing on and more of a flagship/high end router. 

Your desktop? What wireless chip is in it? Many people have single band wireless chips. And the 2.4ghz is a much much slower band. Hitting 50mbps over it is pretty decent. 

You won't hit 600mbps over wireless with that device. 

a more realistic expectation is that 300mbps. 

Message 3 of 4

@Beto001 wrote:
my modem can do only 300mbps but it doesn’t explain why I only get 50mbps on my pc. I’m just confused and need answers. I am not hard wired either.

The usual invitation to do some background reading on wifi speeds.

Understand Wi-Fi 4/5/6 (802.11 n/ac/ad/ax)

@duckware knows their stuff and can bust a few myths and cut through the marketing hype brands put on boxes.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7