× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Access ReadyShare

rbshah
Aspirant

Access ReadyShare

I have been using this router for a while as a main router with DHCP enabled on it and was hooked up to my modem. Recently i got a new router. Hence i moved this router to one of my rooms and connected an ethernet cable from my main router's LAN port to this router's LAN port. The main router is now running a DHCP server. I have connected 4 different devices to this router and a USB harddriver. I am able to access all of my devices from the main router but i can't access the USB drive. How can i access the the USB driver from my LAN ?    

Model: R6100|AC1200 Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

@rbshah wrote:

Hence i moved this router to one of my rooms and connected an ethernet cable from my main router's LAN port to this router's LAN port.

Did you put the R6100 into wireless access point (AP) mode?

Should be WAN (Internet) port, not LAN port.

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@rbshah wrote:

Hence i moved this router to one of my rooms and connected an ethernet cable from my main router's LAN port to this router's LAN port.

Did you put the R6100 into wireless access point (AP) mode?

Should be WAN (Internet) port, not LAN port.

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
rbshah
Aspirant

Thanks, yes after setting up as AP, it worked .. I think my USB cable was also not plugged in all the way... My bad .

But thanks for the quick reply...
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7