Admin/Password Change

Mikeque
Follower

Admin/Password Change

As per the manual, I did not change the "admin" user ID. However, I changed the password from "password" to something else hoping that this would strengthen the security.

The new password was accepted. However, everytime I log in, now I get the following message:

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection.)

What does this warning mean? Does it mean that the change to my own password is weaker than the default password which is "password"?

If this is the case, then, I should turn it back to "password". Please give me some guidance on this matter.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
sabretooth
Apprentice

Re: Admin/Password Change

Search Google as it is not a route issue.
Message 2 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Admin/Password Change

per the manual, I did not change the "admin" user ID. However, I changed the password from "password" to something else hoping that this would strengthen the security.

you can not change userid "admin" in home end routers.

The new password was accepted. However, everytime I log in, now I get the following message:

Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection.)

Some router can use either HTTP or HTTPS to login the router

at last.. NO MODEL OF THE UNIT...
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies