× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin password

bryan441
Guide

Admin password

Hello Guys !

I forgot my router password. Is there any other way to recover the password without resetting my router?

Thanks.

Model: WNR612v2|Wireless N 150 router|EOL
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Admin password

@bryan441 wrote:

I forgot my router password. Is there any other way to recover the password without resetting my router?

Unfortunately, your WNR612v2 is too old (2010) to support "password recovery". That's a "new" (around 2013) feature.

If memory fails you:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] Is there any other way to recover the password without resetting
> my router?

A settings reset is the usual remedy for a lost password.  Visit
http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look for
Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Look for "reset".

Message 2 of 5

@bryan441 wrote:

Unfortunately, your WNR612v2 is too old (2010) to support "password recovery". That's a "new" (around 2013) feature.

If memory fails you:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 5
bryan441
Guide

Thanks, both of you @antinode @michaelkenward.

On User Manual there is NO other option to recover the password without resetting routerMan Sad.
I already reset my routerSmiley Happy.

Model: WNR612v2|Wireless N 150 router|EOL
Message 4 of 5

@bryan441 wrote:

On User Manual there is NO other option to recover the password without resetting router

Thanks for confirming what I said.

Don't expect too much of the WNR612v2.

According to Netgear's manual for this device the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Oh, and no 5 GHz wifi. This device does date back to 2009 after all.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7