Highlighted
Aspirant

Advanced Setup/LAN Setup Address Reservation Table issues

Before I put my new WNDR 4500v2 router in service (firmware 1.0.0.50), I entered nine systems and devices into the Address Reservation Table, with names, MAC addresses, and preferred IP addresses. I believe in organizing IP addresses by system and device type.

When I rebooted the router, all these entries were gone.

If I try to ADD a system or device, I can do that. But if I try to EDIT this table, I get a FAILURE message.

Any workarounds, or should I give up on the goal of managing my IP addresses?
Home LAN includes 2 Win 7 desktops, 2 Win 7 laptops, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 "smart" TV. ISP is Comcast.
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Advanced Setup/LAN Setup Address Reservation Table issues

Does the failure message say anything other than ‘Failure’? Are you able to try a different web browser, and what browser are you currently using?
Highlighted
Aspirant

Just says Failure. I normally use FF, so I just tried the same action with IE and Chrome. Same result.
Home LAN includes 2 Win 7 desktops, 2 Win 7 laptops, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 "smart" TV. ISP is Comcast.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Andy, What is my next step? Am I the only one with this problem? (or the problem of the router saying it's not connected to the Internet?)
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

x509 wrote:
Am I the only one with this problem? (or the problem of the router saying it's not connected to the Internet?)

I can’t be sure, but it’s possible the two issues are linked.

My understanding is that Address Reservation entries are made one at a time? So I assume the failure occurs whenever you try to set any reservation i.e. with different MAC addresses or IP addresses? Are you perhaps trying to reserve an IP address that is currently allocated to a different device? Could you post what you currently see in the ‘Attached Devices’ list and an entry which results in a failure in the Address Reservation page?
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements