× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After Firmware upgrade, unable to access DDNS

laserman
Tutor

After Firmware upgrade, unable to access DDNS

Two days ago, I accessed my router page (AC1450) and found a banner telling me that a firmware upgrade (V1.0.0.34_10.0.16) was available so I allowed it to occur.

Since then, I'm not able to access my computer remotely. On the Advanced page for DDNS, it states that the last update was two days ago. When I clicked on update, it states that the user name and password are incorrect.

They aren't incorrect as it was working prior to the update.

I don't know what the previous version was but I need to get this back working. 

John

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
laserman
Tutor

Re: After Firmware upgrade, unable to access DDNS

After posting this, I called Netgear support. My router was out of warranty so there wasn't much I could discuss with the rep outside of paying an exhorbant fee for an answer. I was directed to the FAQ page for answers.

Fault on my part and fault on Netgear.

First, I did get the router back up and operational. My fault was, I didn't make a backup of the existing information. Netgear's fault, it didn't prompt me to do any of that after I clicked on the ballon to upgrade the firmware from the status page of the router. 

If you're going to put a prompt up that there is an upgrade available for a router, then Netgear needs to inform the end user that there are steps that need to happen or else data will be lost.

I ended up downgrading the firmware, downloading the firmware from Netgear and then upgrading to the most current firmware, then instilling all of the information from scratch into my router and I was able to communicate with my computer from remote through DDNS.

laserman

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
laserman
Tutor

And for some unknown reason, it posted this in the R6000 series router page. 

Message 2 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @laserman,

Did you perform a factory reset after the successful firmware update? If not, I recommend doing so then you can reconfigure all the router settings again.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
laserman
Tutor

After posting this, I called Netgear support. My router was out of warranty so there wasn't much I could discuss with the rep outside of paying an exhorbant fee for an answer. I was directed to the FAQ page for answers.

Fault on my part and fault on Netgear.

First, I did get the router back up and operational. My fault was, I didn't make a backup of the existing information. Netgear's fault, it didn't prompt me to do any of that after I clicked on the ballon to upgrade the firmware from the status page of the router. 

If you're going to put a prompt up that there is an upgrade available for a router, then Netgear needs to inform the end user that there are steps that need to happen or else data will be lost.

I ended up downgrading the firmware, downloading the firmware from Netgear and then upgrading to the most current firmware, then instilling all of the information from scratch into my router and I was able to communicate with my computer from remote through DDNS.

laserman

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7