Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: AirPrint and IOS6

I am using the R6300 and just installed it a few days ago and could not get Airprint working with my iPad 3. Prior to that I was using a Netgear WNDR3700-100 and everything worked great. I changed to the R6300 for and extended range which is did provide a significant signal boost. However, no matter what I did nothing changed with regards to getting Airprint to function, until today. It is now working and my iPad sees my HP Officejet Pro 8600. What I did was to go into Genie and into the "Airprint" tab and unselected and reseleted and refreshed the list. That did nothing. Then I power cycled the printer. Then I connected it and R6300 via USB. All of a sudder the print function on the iPad showed my printer and I printed a test page. Now, here is the weird part! I decided to test what would happen if I unplugged the USB. The printer did not disappear as expected. I then moved the printer back to its location and power cycled it again and the iPad still shows it available. Go figure!! I will add an update if things change.
Message 51 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

rgphotoman

Tried all the things you suggested, still doesn't work for a wired HP printer with no wireless capabilities. Are you sure that you are not airprinting through the HP8600's own airprint capability? I see by the specs that the 8600 has Airprint built in.
Message 52 of 63
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

bones5050 wrote:
is anyone having issues using AirPrint with IOS6? I just upgraded my iPhone 4S to IOS6 and now AirPrint is not working. When trying to print the printer is not showing up. I have other Apple devices (iPhone and iPad) that I did not upgrade yet and the AirPrint is working for those devices.

I submitted a problem to Netgear on this and have been going back and forth with support. I have tested a trial version of Genie that fixed this problem for my iPad 3 running ios 6, so I think a fix is imminent.
Message 53 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am having the same prob. Logged support tckt. No solution yet, althought I received the question: Do you have an HP printer..........
Message 54 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have the same problem. As my various iphones and ipads have been upgraded to IOS6, they have lost the ability to see the NetGear Airprint printers.
I submitted a ticket a long time ago with no response. I tried submitting again with more data and the submission process is broken.
Don't know about you folks, but I think it's time to scrap the Netgear stuff and move on.
Message 55 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am not able to print either... I am running the Beta/Trial version of the "fix".. and my Iphone/Ipad can SEE the printers now (that is fixed).. but for ME... I am still not able to print... it shows printing on my iphone... but never does print.. doesn't matter which "printer" I check... (tried fax, adobe pdf, etc)... Hoping I can get this to work... Fingerprint works like a champ! I can print to all "Printers" from that app.... I just don't want to pay 20 dollars Smiley Happy
Message 56 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

2.2.27.1 upgrade for Genie is now available and it does seem to have fixed the IOS 6 compatibility issue through some kludgy method of using PDF. In fact if you dont have adobe reader installed it will not work and returns an acrord32 error. If you have installed adobe reader but have not opened it and agreed to user license it will not work either, so keep this in mind if you upgrade adobe reader and find airprint not working you have to open the reader and re-agree to the terms.

it also leaves open on the host computer a temp PDF of the page(s) you printed... pretty cheesy
Message 57 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: AirPrint and IOS6 - D6300

Just installed a D6300 and attempted to get airprint work on my IOS6 devices. Does not work. Contacted support who replied:

"Currently, the D6300 is not compatible yet to airprint. However, our engineers are trying to formulate a software/firmware that would help that feature to actually work on your device. For updates or if a firmware is already available to fix the issue, you can visit support.netgear.com"

Not happy. The box clearly states that the D6300 will "makes any printer AirPrint compatible". Actually it does not
Message 58 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

soulcamel:

That is not true. As usual tech support for Netgear is a day late and a dollar short. With the new genie release my problems with the R6300 and AirPrint have been resolved. Make sure you have your router is running 1.0.2.36 and Readyshare 1.32 and Netgear Genie is 2.2.27.1

My printer is connected to my computer which is wired to the R6300. I had problems till Genie 2.2.27.1 was released last week. I can now print with my iPad and iPhone running iOS 6.0.1
Message 59 of 63
Highlighted
Tutor

He is using a D6300 not a R6300.

1xR6300 V1 - V1.0.2.36_1.0.28
Message 60 of 63
Highlighted
Tutor

What I got from NETGEAR Support:
"Mac Genie 2.2.27.0 with iOS 6.0 AirPrint support was officially released.
Together with previously-released Windows Genie 2.2.27.1, this completes the iOS 6.0 support."
Message 61 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

I just picked up the R6300 and had a similar problem. I have iTunes and Adobe Reader installed. I have an HP all-in-one printer (not an airprint compatible device) tied in through wireless.

The printer would show up on my "ithingys", but not actually print. I read somewhere that the solution was "kludgy" and involved the pdf, so I thought - hey, I never actually RAN the Adobe Reader, I wonder if it is that simple. I opened up Reader for the first time, accepted the terms, and voila! I am up and running.

Nice little detail that was left off the instructions......
Message 62 of 63
Highlighted
Aspirant

FIXED: AirPrint and IOS6 ...at least for me

This was the fix for me as well. Thank you so much. I hope that the NETGEAR folks read the forums and take note of the simple fix.

domeyjj wrote:
I just picked up the R6300 and had a similar problem. I have iTunes and Adobe Reader installed. I have an HP all-in-one printer (not an airprint compatible device) tied in through wireless.

The printer would show up on my "ithingys", but not actually print. I read somewhere that the solution was "kludgy" and involved the pdf, so I thought - hey, I never actually RAN the Adobe Reader, I wonder if it is that simple. I opened up Reader for the first time, accepted the terms, and voila! I am up and running.

Nice little detail that was left off the instructions......
Message 63 of 63
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements