Highlighted
Aspirant

Airprint Blocked?

I have a Brother Laser Printer that is sold as "Airprint" enabled. It is connected to my N600 router WNDR3800. All of my wired and wireless computers can easily print to this printer. Howerver, my IPAD will only very occassionally (mostly not) find the printer.

After discussions with Brother support they felt that the router was possibly blocking "Bounjour." Some Google research shows quite a few posts that indicate different routers not dealing with Bounjour properly. However, I did not find any reference to the N600 having this issue.

I did install Netgear Genie on the ipad and it clearly shows the Brother printer as connected to the router. I also installed a Brother app called iprint@scan. It will only find the printer if I enter the IP address of the printer (10.0.0.11). In any case, since the Brother printer is natively "Airprint" capable I shouldn't need to rely on 3rd party apps to see the printer, nor am I interested in enabling this printer as "Airprint" via the Netgear Genie App as this requires another computer to be running.

Is there any setting in the router that might need to be modified from default to get a better outcome?

Thanks in advance for any help here!

Peter
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Airprint Blocked?

Is ipad on same band as printer if printer is on wireless ?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

jmizoguchi,

Thanks for your input.

The printer is connected via network cable, not wirelessly. Would changing the band make any difference in this situation?

Thanks,
Peter
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Check on wireless isolation features in the router GUI. Possible issues
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]