× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Alternative zu WNDR4500 gesucht

gerald02020
Aspirant

Alternative zu WNDR4500 gesucht

Ein nettes  Hallo mal in die Community,

Ich bin auf der Suche  nach  einem Ersatz für mein Netzwerk. Grund des tausches:  Die Router sind nun mit Stand 22.10.2021 zu langsam.

Aufbau:
Internetmodem(500/50) -- 1x RJ45 Netzwerkkabel -- 
WNDR4500 (Hauptrouter, Aktive MAC-Kontrolle, WAN=Internet, Port 1 PC, Port 2 Netzwerk = weiterer WNDR4500 im AccessPoint Modus))(425/50) ---2x RJ45 Netzwerkkabel -- 
WNDR4500 (Accesspoint, Aktive MAC-Kontrolle, Port WAN Verbindung Hauptrouter, Port 1-3 Netzwerk(WNDR4500 AC Modus) -- 3x RJ45 Netzwerkkabel 

Über WLan hängen  20 Geräte
Wenn nun man am Hauptrouter im 5ghz  Netz gestreamt wird, kommt der WNDR4500 an seine Grenzen.

Ich hab überlegt den ersten Router gegen einen  RAX200 Router zu tauschen und die WNDR4500 weiter als AccessPoints mit direkter LAN Leitung zu verwenden oder vielleicht  gleich ein RBK853 zu verwenden.
Es ist ein Altbau  mit 1m dicken Wänden.

Da ich keinen Support oder Kontaktlink zu Netgear, Kaufberatung gefunden habe frag ich hier nach.

Model: WNDR4500|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router|EOL
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

why not go with a mesh system so you can use the wired backhaul? 

Then you can add satellites as needed for addional coverage and have seamless roaming

Message 2 of 5
gerald02020
Aspirant

Hello,

Well I don't know the new tecnnic.
Orbi Mesh RBK853 or  SXK80B3 or I change only the main router to a RAX200.
But to me the problem is that my Modem have since 22.10.2021 downloadspeed 500mbit/s Uploadspeed 50mbit/s. And in Future maybe much faster. So a Orbi System be maybe a wasted money system, because no 10gbit network for ~1100€ for the RBK853. I search a system without abo but with good speed, connection and  safe for future.
The limit from the WNDR4500 be 425/50 (speedtest) the router have 1Wan/4Lan with 1gigabit Network and 450mbits WLan.
The thing be that the wndr4500 have great security, because MAC filter. And it did it by LAN and WLAN! So that mean that f a PC without the MAC Adress be connected, no IP, no Network., I know that, because I forgot in Past to enter a PC Mac adress and after restart no enter to network or internet. So I have to reset the router to factory.
The Fritzbox 7590ax only do the Mac Chac by WLan, that mean if someone connect after fritzbox, the guy have access to it. Sure I can kick them out of the network after he was there. =(
So that was one point why I send that back.
To me the Network cable are there (Cat 7 cable  to cat 6 network box).To me I have no Problem to change accesspoint or the whole System.
But the point be that Safety and WLan Speed should be open for future and not just for one or 5 years.
I also look about the xr700 and was shocked. 450€ a few years ago and now? Which one have a fast Network or 10 gigabit...
The network speed is by 1 gigabit and not faster. so boring. 
A router or a mesh system should be faster after 11 years. I was shocked as I saw the technic data of orby and co.
I search something for future. fast and safety

Message 3 of 5
gerald02020
Aspirant

Do you know the speed of the WAN maximum from the Orbi System RBK853?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBR 8 series has a 2.5Gb connection rated WAN port. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

@gerald02020 wrote:

Do you know the speed of the WAN maximum from the Orbi System RBK853?

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7