× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Amazon Alexa

skyking22141
Aspirant

Amazon Alexa

When I connect my Netgear router to Amazon Alexa Wi-Fi, it tells me that the connection to Amazon-44P 2 has no security and would be easy for a hacker to get access.  I have Bitdefender Anti-Virus software and it recommends that I use it's "hotspot" to connect.  I activated the "hotspot" within Bitdefender and it shows as being active, but I cannot connect my Amazon Alexa to it.  I try to connect it to my Netgear71 wi-fi and I still get warned about the no security.  Is there a way I can get the Alexa connected to my Netgear wi-fi?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

Re: Amazon Alexa

Your router should be using wpa2 any other  setting like wep is a waste of time wep was broken years ago and open no security you giving away your wifi and letting people play with your network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
William10a
Master

Your router should be using wpa2 any other  setting like wep is a waste of time wep was broken years ago and open no security you giving away your wifi and letting people play with your network.

Message 2 of 3
skyking22141
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.  Somehow, (can't remember exactly how) I have gotten Alexa attached to my Netgear router Wi-Fi and now it is working properly.  I think there was one setting I changed that did it.  Anyhow, not touching it again..........ever!!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7