Re: Apple Tmemachine

Jim927
Novice

Apple Tmemachine

Does anyone know if usb storage attached to the R6300 will support Apple Time Machine?
Thanks,
Jim
Message 1 of 6
IAmMe
Aspirant

highly doubtful that it would do so in a way consistent with the time machine client. Why not just put the TimeMachine on the LAN too but disable wifi and DHCP?
Message 2 of 6
Jim927
Novice

Let me clarify my question. I am not referring to the actual piece of Apple hardware but to the software that runs on my iMac. I was hoping to plug the usb drive that is currently directly connected to my mac into the router so that I would be able to use part of the drive for a backup and part for a mediaserver. When I have the drive attached to the router and the drives mounted on the mac, the software doesn't see them as available backup drives.

Thanks,
Jim
Message 3 of 6
dndell
Onlooker

There's specific info about Time Machine here:

http://netgear.com/landing/en-us/readyshare.aspx
Message 4 of 6
Jim927
Novice

The net gear website I was pointed to says that time machine is only supported on the following routers (WNDRMACv2, WNDR3800). If there is anyone from net gear that follows these threads or any other user with a Mac, do you you if this support will be extended to the r6300 or if there is a reason why the ready share software wouldn't work, other than netgear's lack of interest in MAC's.

Thanks
Message 5 of 6
Ephone
Tutor

Apple Time Machine is not supported on R6300 currently but I heard that it will be added later.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E