× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Are RBS50 and Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v2 compatible???

Moultrie1398
Follower

Are RBS50 and Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v2 compatible???

I have what I think is a modem/router combo provided by my cable company. It is a “N600 Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v2”. I have an ORBI Router RBR50 (w/two satellites) that I would like to connect to establish my home network. Are these two devices compatible? Can this be done? When I tried to connect the ORBI to the Netgear device, I couldnt get it to work (one error msg from the app said the ORBI network could not be recognized). Can someone offer advice on this to a layperson? Thank you!
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Are RBS50 and Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v2 compatible???

the WNDR3700 is a just a router. it isn't a modem. 

So you should be able to just remove it and install the orbi. 

Just check to see what settings the ISP is using for the wndr3700 to connect to their network. Log into the router and look at its internet connections settings and write them down. Then when installing the orbi, use that. 

Or you can simply connect the orbi to the wndr3700 and put the orbi in access point mode. 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Are RBS50 and Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v2 compatible???

For Orbi 50 series help and support information, Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AC products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@Moultrie1398 wrote:
I have what I think is a modem/router combo provided by my cable company. It is a “N600 Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700v2”. I have an ORBI Router RBR50 (w/two satellites) that I would like to connect to establish my home network. Are these two devices compatible? Can this be done? When I tried to connect the ORBI to the Netgear device, I couldnt get it to work (one error msg from the app said the ORBI network could not be recognized). Can someone offer advice on this to a layperson? Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7