Highlighted
Novice

Audio Crackles

My WNDR4500 causes a distinct crackle in the audio when viewing online videos. All is well when not online or connected via cable. I do not have this problem using other wireless routers. I have moved my router and used elsewhere to eliminate any other possible interference issues and it still happens. Any solutions?
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Audio Crackles

Can you tell us what your wireless settings are for the router e.g. which band you are using, what rates are set, which channels are you using etc? Also what client devices are you using?

If you have something like inSSIDer installed on a PC how many WiFi networks can you see and on what channels?
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Novice

My audio is crackling and stuttering and then quitting since I installed new version on 11/25/14. My router settings are SSID, up to 450 mbps, channel 10.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Novice

I see no one has answered this post as yet so I will tell you what worked for me. I reverted back to the previous version of V1.01.38 and put it to the test rigorously and so far no issues with crackles or stuttering. Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Novice

This was happening to me when I updated the firmware to .54. I reverted back to .50 and the problem went away.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Update it to Firmware Version 1.0.0.56 and check if the same problem.

http://support.netgear.com/product/WNDR4500v2
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements