Bandwidth Control - Uplink value rejected

logout
Aspirant

Bandwidth Control - Uplink value rejected

Hello,

in the menu "Advanced > QoS Setup" I want to limit the uplink bandwidth. I never used the function before, so I clicked on the "Check" button first. It shows me 254 Kbps from now on. Then I activated "Turn Bandwidth Control On" with "Uplink bandwidth" option and set value to something like 100 and clicked "Apply" but the router resets this value back to 254 Kbps. No matter what I type in, it always sets the value back to 254.

Do I misunderstand this function?

PS: Router has newest firmware (I think - I upgraded through "Maintenance > Router Upgrade" and now it says: "No new firmware version available.").
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Bandwidth Control - Uplink value rejected

PS: Router has newest firmware (I think - I upgraded through "Maintenance > Router Upgrade" and now it says: "No new firmware version available.").

Most accurate way is NOT using to check from the router. Often you get wrong or not reach.

use support.netgear.com and find the current firmware and all released firmware manually
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 5
logout
Aspirant

How do I know which version I have? I checked the router casing and packaging but there is no version number at all. Does it mean I have v1?

In the (wrongly upgraded (?), I guess...) administration interface it shows me Firmware Version V1.0.7.98, which is not correct now, right? Is FW 1.0.16.98 from here correct for me?
Message 3 of 5
logout
Aspirant

Ok, upgraded with new firmware. Now it works. Thank you. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

How do I know which version I have? I checked the router casing and packaging but there is no version number at all. Does it mean I have v1?

This is answered countless time in forum on any models that ANY version of the model V2 and will ONLY have V# listed at bottom of the router. Therefor if there is no V# shows at the end of the model number then you have V1
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation