Best USB adapter

Jimador48
Aspirant

Best USB adapter

I just bought the r6300 a few days ago, which adapter would be best for this router?
Message 1 of 9
madhatter
Apprentice

Re: Best USB adapter

I'm using Netgear WNDA3100v1 and it's working fine. These are available at Tigerdirect (refurbished). there is also a v2, but I don't have any of those.
1xRBR50 1xRBS50 2xRBS40
Message 2 of 9
Jimador48
Aspirant

i was looking online and found out there releasing the A6200, but i cant find out exactly when.

should i just postpone the purchase till then?
I think i maxed out my computers wifi since i cant go over 70mbps no matter what settings i try. Wired i get 97mbps all day long
Message 3 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If are in saturated area you may have an issues with getting high Mbps on wifi.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 9
Jimador48
Aspirant

My computer doesn't support 5ghz wireless n, there's a few net works around my neighborhood according to inSSIDer (but again i can only see 2.4ghz)
Message 5 of 9
robbskittles
Aspirant

Jimador48 wrote:
I just bought the r6300 a few days ago, which adapter would be best for this router?

I just got the r6300 as well and the n900 (WNDA4100) works nice... Waiting on the a6200 as well.
Message 6 of 9
tktk88
Aspirant

I purchased the R6300 a few weeks ago......... I use the 4100 adapter also both are performing well no issues here..........
Message 7 of 9
sabretooth
Apprentice

I'm using a Linksys AE1000 USB adapter on my WNDR3400v2 and it works like a champ and screams. Connects at 300Mbps through two walls at 40 ft. Rock solid. Best of all, only $14 on eBay.
Message 8 of 9
Jimador48
Aspirant

Im thinking of going that route too, buy the ae1000 on ebay even tho its a referb unit. Then when the a6200 comes out ill pick one up to play around with.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements