• 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Best wireless router - speed and penetration

Hi - looking for opinions on the best wireless router to get for a row home that has multiple levels - 5 total which includes basement and roof deck. Looking for good coverage on all floors as I work from wherever and have needs on all floors (I.e cameras, smart TVs, etc on multiple floors). Looking to automate my home, so looking for reliability also.

I’m finally ditching my comcast/Xfinty gateway (modem/router) to avoid the ridiculous rental fees. I’m looking at the TP link TC 7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8x4) Cable Modem due to price and high ratings on amazon and am looking to get the best speed and penetration through the multiple levels. The router would be placed on the first floor aka 2nd level. Currently, I have an extender which I could reuse.

What would you guys recommend? Budget is about $100, but would be willing so go higher if there is a significant leap in performance. I’m open to any suggestions, even exotic/expensive recommendations. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: Best wireless router - speed and penetration

hello guys,

The best WiFi routers of 2019
  1. Best Overall Router: D-Link DIR-878. D-Link DIR-878 (Photo: D-Link) ...
  2. Best Advanced Router: Asus RT-AC3200. Asus AC3200 WiFi router (Photo: Amazon) ..stories
  3. TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750. ...
  4. Nighthawk Netgear X4S. ...
  5. Trendnet AC2600. ...
  6. Netgear Nighthawk R7000P. ...
  7. Linksys EA7500 AC1900.

thanks and regards

Message 2 of 2