× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3700 Repeatedly Assigning IP

C37
Aspirant
Aspirant

C3700 Repeatedly Assigning IP

I've noticed this recently. I have another post up with some questions and other weird things, but now I've noticed this.

The device is my phone. I have an Echo Show that runs right beside my phone at night playing sleep sounds. I've started to notice it go out almost every night. Sometimes it's just for a few seconds. This is consistent with times that I've noticed my phone or tv would just randomly drop connection for a few seconds then reconnect. Other times it will stay disconnected for longer. Edit: I've resorted to playing sleep sounds from my phone to the Show with Bluetooth when this happens. I wonder if interference could be an issue, though I've never had the issue before, and I've used Bluetooth often.

This morning I noticed the IP assignment had gotten way worse. I've recently factory reset. I don't think it's an Internet issue. Any ideas? Also, if this is the router just dying, my other question is would it be okay to put it in bridge and add another router, or would these signs point to issues with modern functionality?
Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
C37
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't realize there were different areas to post. I went ahead and posted there as well. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/C3700-Repeatedly-Assigning-IP/m-p/2148535#M339...
Thanks
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation