Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C3700v2 – N600 not working as router

Mervon
Aspirant

C3700v2 – N600 not working as router

I have my C3700v2 - N600 plugged into a Nighthawk CM1200. The idea is to use the Nighthawk as the modem and the N600 as the router.

Modem is working fine and I have a signla through the modem xfinity connectoin  Router is not. Downstream light flashing, upstream light not on, online light not on.

I'm with xfinity. The technician who came by told me the router is in "disabled" (?) mode and he could not reset it.

I can't access the router login as the internet signal itself does not work.

How do I get this working and/or set up as a router?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: C3700v2 – N600 not working as router

You can't. 

The CM1200 isn't a router. Its a modem only device. 

And the C3700 doesn't have a router only mode. It can either be a modem/router combo device or a modem only device. 

It does have a way to force it into a type of access point but you'd still need a router between the cm1200 and the c3700 if you set that up. 

Message 2 of 3
Mervon
Aspirant

Re: C3700v2 – N600 not working as router

Thanks, I wasn't aware the C3700 doesn't have a router only mode. It's certainly not working as a modem-router combo; the technician I contacted at xfinity claimed this was because it is only DOCSIS 3.0. Would you happen to know why?

I do actually have another router, FIOS-G1100. Can I use this as a primary modem or otherwise "to force it into a type of access point" between the Nighthawk and the C3700?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7