Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

C3700v2 router keeps rebooting every night between 1:40 am and 2 am.

Hello, My router is running firmware V1.02.12 

as stated in my subject, the router reboots, without fail, every single night between 1:40 and 2 am. Its infuriating. I've read on the support page that the firmware is upgraded by my ISP, which is comcast xfinity. are they the ones rebooting my router and killing my internet every night for 15 minutes? I've had it since november and it's done it every single night when I'm up at that time. I'm starting to go crazy trying to figure out what's wrong with it. It does not have any schedule times to shut off, I've verified all the settings. I've rebooted, I've completely reset it up, I've called comcast and they claim they are not shutting it off.

I've searched your forums and it is literally littered with problems like this and zero solutions. what in the heck is wrong with your routers? can someone PLEASE help us understand why it's doing this?

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 12
Highlighted
Initiate

Re: C3700v2 router keeps rebooting every night between 1:40 am and 2 am.

I literally have the same exact problem with the same exact modem, I can not figure it out! My modem goes out every night around 3:30 am and 4 am, my wife works from home and uses the internet during this time and the modem reboots every day at this time. I've called both Netgear and Xfinity on 4/8/2020 and both companies seem to blame each other? It is vital for my wife to have an uninterubeted internet connection, so I think I'm just going to get a new modem through a different company. This is literally so frustrating!

Message 2 of 12
Highlighted
Tutor

So, I use to be a hardcore gamer. Didn't stayup late till this shelter in place order. On the first night that I noticed this issue, I thought it was just a fluke and it happened around 1:42AM. A couple days goes by and it happened again around 1:41AM. The next day, i decided to stay up late just to watch my C3700 and it happened a third time 1:43AM. I saw the C3700 just reboot itself entirely and not just the "Earthlink" internet light going off

I am from San Jose, CA with xfinity comcast as my ISP. Its hard for me to say if it was a xfinity issue or a router issue, so here I am. I know during troubleshooting you are suppose to isolate the issue which I tried my best with the resources I had. Allegedly, my dad claims this issue has always been existent since the first day we purchased and registered this C3700 with xfinity. pretty sure my ISP pushed out the latest firmware already, so WHAT is going on? I

I put in my information to contact netgear support. got a case number, called the netgear number, apparently I am 68th in line and it's 5:02PM already...my case will expire in the next ~24h if i don't get a response? LOL.

Firmware Version V1.02.12 

Included network statistics as a picture

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
Tutor

Finally, got on the line with an agent.

They guided me through the basic troubleshooting steps which I've already done beforehand. I suggest every one go through these steps on their own to save yourself some time and just jump to the warranty -__-

1. Make sure no schedule is created in the "advanced" options.

2. Hard reset the c3700 by push and hold a button at the bottom of the device

3. unplug power for ~2min

4. setup c3700 again

Tells me to watch it again tonight to see if anything changes and gave me an updated case number.

HIGHLY doubt it's gonna fix this issue, and they plan to send me another modem if it doesnt....but i dont think i will go back to this specific product.

Message 4 of 12
Highlighted
Initiate

Hi guys.

So I found a solution to the problem, in a way. I bought a new Arris Modem and it has not rebooted for the past 5 nights now. So it's definitely a problem with the Netgear Modem/Firmware.
Thought I would let you guys know and maybe it will help someone out.
Message 5 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Mine doing the same thing at 2:30 every day.
Anyone figure out a solution yet?
Message 6 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

Does the reset solve the problem?
Thanks
Message 7 of 12
Highlighted
Tutor

The reset did not fix the problem as I told the Netgear Agent. They had me wait till the next day to report any new findings. I told them the issue still persists and the agent went to check with the manufacturing dept and shortly gave me a RMA# to replace. Probably a refurbished one. I will report my findings when the refurbished one arrives.

The agent hasn't heard this issue herself and I told her about the numerous customers on the Netgear forums that had this problem.

My hypothesis is this is either a firmware issue that xfinity pushes out, unfortunately our ISP controls the firmware updates or a hardware bug.

Message 8 of 12
Highlighted
Tutor

So I received the new modem/router, We will see what happens...

For those in the previous posts. What is your ISP and location?

We need to compare fuji apples to fuji apples, not fuji apples to green apples.

Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am in Boston, MA with Xfinity comcast as my ISP.

The everyday reset happens around 4:20 AM

Message 10 of 12
Highlighted
Tutor

Thanks for the information.

So, I used the (most likely) refurbished modem/router for about ~10 days now, that problem isn't there for this current modem. Netgear Manufacturing and Support has never heard of this problem with this specific product. Not sure what to tell you but my suggestion is to use the 1year warranty and grab a new one and hope for the best. If the warranty is expired, I probably wouldn't purchase this modem again...

Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi sjih001,

Good day!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the back log in the system. How is the connection of the replacement device? Is the Netgear cable gateway still dropping internet access?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,
Oliver
Community Team

Message 12 of 12