Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6250 - DoS attacks coming repeatedly from same ip address

Noda
Follower

C6250 - DoS attacks coming repeatedly from same ip address

I have been having slow connections issues slow I looked at the logs on my wifi router to see if anything was happening and I discovered that there was a number of DoS attacks coming from the same IP address, I attached a picture. Some additional information includes that the "source" ip is from some company apparently located in ecaudor, and hasn't ever shown up as a connect device on my router, also the "target" ip is always the same, some IT company in Colorado, which I live in New York.

Is there anything I can do about this and block the IP or get a new IP all together for my router/mode?. Thanks for any help.

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: C6250 - DoS attacks coming repeatedly from same ip address

Hi Noda,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the back log in the system. Are you still having the same issue? How often do you see the DDoS attack on the router logs?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,
Oliver
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Tellsworth
Aspirant

Hi,

I’ve been experiencing the same issue with my router up to 10-15 times a day. Sometimes the attacks happen and the router gets disconnected. Other times, attacks happen and it stays connected. In the router logs I can see the attacks and the source and target addresses, all external addresses.
Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 4
tcg2ki
Aspirant

Have you gotten any resolution to your question?

@Noda wrote:

I have been having slow connections issues slow I looked at the logs on my wifi router to see if anything was happening and I discovered that there was a number of DoS attacks coming from the same IP address, I attached a picture. Some additional information includes that the "source" ip is from some company apparently located in ecaudor, and hasn't ever shown up as a connect device on my router, also the "target" ip is always the same, some IT company in Colorado, which I live in New York.

Is there anything I can do about this and block the IP or get a new IP all together for my router/mode?. Thanks for any help.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7