× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6250 Router Keeps Dropping Internet

rshanehope
Initiate

C6250 Router Keeps Dropping Internet

Hi There,  My router all of sudden started dropping our internet connection.  I can unplug from wall and cable and reconnect it and it'll work for about a day and then the next day it stops working again.  Any ideas?  Could this be a weak signal from the streed? (Spectrum Cable)

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

This is actually the forum you want:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

I'd include a screen snip of your connections page of your modem. This can help people to help you. Another thing to try is check to make sure you connectors are tight, not corroded, coax line isn't kinked, remove any splitters (if possible) or amplifiers. These can all cause problems with your signal and cause issues. Worth removing/fixing to try to troubleshoot. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

This is actually the forum you want:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

I'd include a screen snip of your connections page of your modem. This can help people to help you. Another thing to try is check to make sure you connectors are tight, not corroded, coax line isn't kinked, remove any splitters (if possible) or amplifiers. These can all cause problems with your signal and cause issues. Worth removing/fixing to try to troubleshoot. 

Message 2 of 4
rshanehope
Initiate

Thanks my friend, the splitters was the issue. Once I removed them i’m back in business.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

glad to hear it was a simple fix!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements