Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 admin password not working

jandainaz
Aspirant

C6300 admin password not working

I am trying to connect to my C6300 router using the admin password. I am wired to the router and found that I can only get it to connect with Firefox (Chrome and IE did not work). After I go to routerlogin.net, it pops up a window that asks for username/password. I used admin/password and it just keeps popping up the same window. I did a factory reset on the router twice and tried again and I get the same thing. It doesn't bring me to any page, just the same popup over and over. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: C6300 admin password not working

Try the reset 1 more time. But try it like this. 

1. unhook the coax from the c6300

2. make sure its powered on. When its fully booted, push and hold reset for up to 30 seconds. 

3. After the c6300 fully reboots/reset, try using chrome or edge on a different pc/laptop to get it working. If you don't have a different one, try clearing cache/cookies from the browser. Check your extensions to make sure none are blocking. 

4. also check your password autofill settings or any password managers. Many times they can overwrite a password if its already been filled in 

5. also check for spaces and capitalization. There shouldn't be any spaces and it should all be lower case. 

Message 2 of 4
jandainaz
Aspirant

I did what you suggested and it worked eventually. After the reset, I connected to routerlogin.net and it gave me the password reset page with the ability to set up the security questions. I set up the security questions and clicked "save". I then got an http "unknown error" and was unable to reconnect to routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com after multiple tries. I was doing this on a different PC ethernet connected to the router using Edge. I then downloaded Firefox because that worked on my other PC. I was then able to login using the admin password.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working! Even though it took a bit

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements