C6300 connectivity issue

Jarred92
Aspirant

C6300 connectivity issue

Router loses all lights and wifi then comes back on started slow but happens more frequently but i have no idea what im doing or how to fix it im ready to buy a new one pulled up the event log and have no idea what it means
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: C6300 connectivity issue

many times its a signal issue.

There's a modem connections page that shows your coax signal connections. Can you take a screen snip of this page? I'll include what one looks like from a c7000. Yours wont be exactly the same but its the same concept.   it'll help us look at your incoming/outgoing signal. 

Something to try.

1. remove any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers from your coax lines.

2. preferably directly connect the C6300 to right where the coax enters the home. This prevents the coax lines within the home being the issue.

3. check all coax lines for kinks, poor connections, damage, loose connections, corrosion, cheap cables. these can all impact your signal. 

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 5
Jarred92
Aspirant

Here is a screenshot
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Your upstream power levels are boardline low. 

the minimum needed/recommended is 35 dbmv for upstream. You're right at that. If the levels drop low, it causes issues like dropped connections, reboots, etc. The screen snip is a snap shot in time. it only shows us when you've taken it. things throughout the day can affect it and could cause it to drop. That could be whats causing your issues.

Again, inspect your lines as i recommended prior. If this doesn't help. contact your isp for them to check your lines. 

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 4 of 5
Jarred92
Aspirant

Im going and getting a new co aux cord today to go from the wall to router i had the isp come and the re wired the main line so im hoping this fixes it
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E