× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000v2 traffic meter issue

randymc53
Aspirant

C7000v2 traffic meter issue

I have a C7000v2 modem/router combo, and the traffic meter is way off for some reason. I compare it with my ISP and it usually is somewhat higher, about 100 gb. However, this month it's way off. I have it set to reset the counter at the start of the month. The total currently reads 175,922,403 gb, whereas my ISP shows 318 gb! There is no way the count is correct. Please see attachments.

Note: I just checked again and the counter is back to a more reasonable number (905.6 gb). I did nothing to the modem/router to change this.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
RVALENZ
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C7000v2 traffic meter issue

Hello, Randy, It might be a fluctuation in the area. Do you always get this kind of situation?

Regards,
Rhys
Community Team

Message 2 of 8
randymc53
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. No, it's never happened before in the 6 months I've been  monitoring the meter.  My ISP reading as been consistent.

Best

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 8
RVALENZ
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello, RAndy,

No worries. Is this one device only or multiple devices that experience this kind of speed?

Message 4 of 8
randymc53
Aspirant

Just one.  I only have the one device.

Message 5 of 8
RVALENZ
NETGEAR Moderator

Do you have a phone where you can compare it? Our isolation would be limited since we only have one device. 

Regards,
Rhys
Community Team

Message 6 of 8
randymc53
Aspirant

I checked the Nighthawk app on my phone and the count is similar for Last and this month. The count reset on June 1.  As mentioned earlier, the astronomical count I saw last month went back to more normal levels but still high. Right now the count on the router is about 100 gb higer than my ISP.

Message 7 of 8
RVALENZ
NETGEAR Moderator

I checked and there might be an update soon on the Nighthawk App. They found an issue and this might be related. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7