× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 with google home intermittent internet connection

extolledsmurf
Follower

CM1200 with google home intermittent internet connection

Hi, our internet seems to go out every now and then. Its really annoying because I had no internet issues for years now. The internet stopped working completely a few weeks ago, xfinity had sent a technician and the tech seemed to disconnect inactive cable lines to eliminate noise and it seemed to have brought back my internet but it still seems to disconnect from time to time. Here is my modem event log if anyone can help me please
Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1200 with google home intermittent internet connection

got a copy of the cable connections page? 

The logs are still indicating a line issue. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7