× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2050V Availability

pktierney99
Aspirant

CM2050V Availability

The CM2050V cable modem is the only model shown on the Xfinity site for 1.2Mbps and voice. But, I can't find it anywhere for purchase. Does anyone know if it is truly for sale and where to get one? I've tried calling Netgear multiple times and only get a technician who has no idea. I can't find anyone in Sales to talk to about it.

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: CM2050V Availability

They tend to go out of stock rapidly when they become available. covid has caused many shortages. 

Message 2 of 7
pktierney99
Aspirant

Thanks. I was assuming that was the case. I'm still trying to get ahold of the Netgear Sales Team to see what options exist.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Are you wanting the 2.5g port? 

otherwise your other option is the cm1150v

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

it uses wan port aggregation for up to 2gig speeds. 1gig if not using wan port aggregation.
Message 5 of 7
pktierney99
Aspirant

The real issue is Xfinity -- they are stating the CM1150V won't support their 1.2Mbps stream. In part I think because the firmware update required isn't supported for the 1150V (I've also seen that in the Netgear literature). I want to connect it to a mesh network and keep the max data transport speeds at all three of the nodes (hard wire to the ethernet ports on the mesh network). I don't think the 1150V will support this option at the 1.2Mbps speed.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

I think @CrimpOn maybe has a cm1150v? I don't one for specifics. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7