Can no longer connect to WNDR3400 v2.

DrStang
Aspirant

Can no longer connect to WNDR3400 v2.

Hi,

I've been able to connect to my WNDR3400 with no problem using WPA2-Personal security for a long time now. As of this morning I can no longer connect to the wireless with ANY device (other laptops, xbox, phone). I've tried restarting both the modem and router several times, without success. My PC which is wired to the router works without problems (hence this post). I've also tried restarting the laptop, deleting the wireless profile off of windows, which all didn't work.

Interesting thing, though, is if I disable my wireless security, I can connect. I'd appreciate any advice to get my router back up and running...I really don't want to leave it unsecure.

Thanks very much for any help!:cool:
Message 1 of 3
Joe_
Apprentice

Re: Can no longer connect to WNDR3400 v2.

DrStang wrote:
1. I've also tried restarting the laptop, deleting the wireless profile off of windows, which all didn't work.

2. Interesting thing, though, is if I disable my wireless security, I can connect.

3. I really don't want to leave it unsecure.

1. Seeing you already tried that, try:
- A factory reset (either via the pinhole or the GUI) and re-entering all your settings manually. Remember to connect your PC wired for this or you will be disconnected.

- If the factory reset doesn't work, then try re-flashing it with the same firmware, followed by the factory reset, etc. as above.

2. This shows that the wifi is still broadcasting a signal. It's just that something has gone awry with the authentication of the encrypted passphrase. It may have gotten corrupted. Power outages and fluctuations could cause that sort of thing. Ensure you use a reputable UPS like APC to reduce the chances of that.

3. No. Definitely not a good idea.
Message 2 of 3
bo7412
Aspirant

Re: Can no longer connect to WNDR3400 v2.

I am have having the same problem I did discovered if I turn on my guest network and secure it everything works and securely. I would like to fix it with out the guest network on but I have tried the factory reset and logged in from a wired computer and selected the reset their as well not sure what else to try.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E