× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't Increase Wired Speed: wndr4500v3

ricka47
Aspirant

Can't Increase Wired Speed: wndr4500v3

I increased my Internet speed from 200 to a gig. But, my wndr4500v3 won't go above about 350 or so on a wired connection. My firmware is: 1.0.0.58 which the software says is the latest and I've attached a chart that has been requested of others on the forum. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. Try factory resetting the router and reinstalling. Then during the install, test it from its default settings. 

2. what device are you speedtesting on? What speeds does it get connected to the modem?

3. What site/process are you using for testing?

4. I'd highly recommend upgrading routers if you're on a gigabit connection. The WNDR4500 own't hit above 100mbps over 5ghz. 

NETGEAR WNDR4500 Retest - SmallNetBuilder

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. Try factory resetting the router and reinstalling. Then during the install, test it from its default settings. 

2. what device are you speedtesting on? What speeds does it get connected to the modem?

3. What site/process are you using for testing?

4. I'd highly recommend upgrading routers if you're on a gigabit connection. The WNDR4500 own't hit above 100mbps over 5ghz. 

NETGEAR WNDR4500 Retest - SmallNetBuilder

Message 2 of 3
ricka47
Aspirant

Yeah, I got it in 2015. So, that's pretty old. It may be time to just get a new one at this point - thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7