Can't access router login WNDR3700

jadej
Aspirant

Can't access router login WNDR3700

Hello,

I have a used WNDR3700 router. I hooked it up and it worked without having to do anything. I have wired internet access. The wireless appears to be working, but I don't know the password.

I tried to login to routerlogin.net, but the default user (admin) and password (password) don't work. I get an error....

401 Unauthorized

Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.

I tried to do a hard reset by holding the restore factory settings button, but that didn't do anything. I tried routerlogin.net, .com, and using the IP address. I tried both firefox and chrome browsers.

Is there anything else I can do?

thanks

Message 1 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Can't access router login WNDR3700

replace it

Message 2 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jadej How did you reset? Just to be sure before getting a replacement, use a paperclip when resetting the unit.

See this article too.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 3 of 8
jadej
Aspirant

Hi, I tried to reset using a paperclip, but afterwards I still can't access routerlogin.net.

Does anyone know if there are any other reasons a person can't login to the router settings?

I have already read through all of the articles you linked to.

thanks

Message 4 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you post a screenshot of the page you're getting?

Just an additional isolation use a different computer or try accessing it from your smartphone.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 5 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes!

you bought a used broken router or you didn't push/hold reset until power led flashes..... which would had defaulted ( erased all user settings ) to factory settings which are on router label.

Message 6 of 8
jadej
Aspirant

I got it.....thanks for the replies

I did the reset with the paperclip 4 times and couldn't get it to work. I went online and ordered a new router. Just for fun I tried to reset it one more time. Apparently the fifth time is the charm. Now the thing works after I just odered a new one. Sorry to waste your time.

thanks again

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Years ago I tried resetting my 3700 and after several failed reset attempts I was told to press and hold until power led flashed. Glad you figured it out and having a spare router is not a bad thing either.

Good Luck!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements